- When you schedule your exam, our staff will provide instructions on how to prepare for your CT
exam. Instructions will vary, dependent on which part of your body is being scanned. Please let
us know if you have allergies, asthma, kidney problems, heart disease, or diabetes.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK, EXCEPT WATER, 2 HOURS prior to your appointment (Please drink
at least 3 extra 8 oz. of water 6-8 hours before).
- You may take any medications as normal. Pain and anti-anxiety medications are permitted.
- Wear warm comfortable clothes: sweats, socks, long sleeve shirt. You may be asked to change
into a gown, as well as to remove any clothing items with metal zippers, metal buttons or metal
- If you are pregnant, or if there is a chance you are pregnant, please inform our technologist
before your exam.
Click Here for Printable Patient Instructions